Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ijuatdontknow
      Participant

Iv been with my partner a while. 2 children. He has been physically abusive before. Punching me in the face, nippinge so I can’t sleep. But nothing for awhile: however the last year seems to have changed. The name calling has started, I’m a w***e, a s**g, s**t. A cheat, a liar. The thing is I’m not scared of him. Does this count as abuse if not scared. I’m not scared of him, I’m not scared leaving and I’m not scared for life after. The thing is he is so vile. My contract was in his name (his idea) he’s phone my network and said Iv commited fraud. So I’m now able to contact anyone. I just don’t know what is going on or what I’m meant to do.

Ijuatdontknow
      Participant

Just

fizzylem
      Participant

Hi IJDK, if he’s been violent and calling you names, putting you down then yes this is abuse. Where is the respect in this? He’s also tried to get you in trouble with the phone and have some control over you here. He sounds vile. If you are not scared of the aftermath or leaving then what is keeping you there?

You may not feel scared but if you do go then I would suggest you do it with caution, speak to WAs and get a plan in place. Sound slike he could get violent. You also have the children’s safety and their needs to consider as well hey.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Ijustdontknow

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your post. What you are describing is abusive behaviour from your partner. You may not feel sacred because this behaviour is so normal to you now, but this is domestic abuse.

I would encourage you to contact your local domestic abuse support service and ask about the Freedom Programme as this is really useful to go on if you are feeling unsure if your partner is abusive.

Take care and keep posting

Lisa

Worrywart
      Participant

hi ijustdontknow, this is abuse, my ex had some of the same tactics, i wasn’t scared of him either and it wasn’t until after i finished with him and spoke to the ladies on this site that i realised what happened to me, i had this sort of c*** off him for years, i found out that most of the time, when they accuse you off cheating, lying ect… they are projecting the things they are doing on to you, so you don’t realise what they are really up to, to confuse and manipulate you, my ex tried chocking me because i was upset with what HE said to me, he was blaming me for being upset at the nasty things he said to me.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content