Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

ok daft question but im really confused. obviously i have just come out of an abusive relationship. my “close” friend who is gay couldn’t of been more thrilled when me and “him” split up. since then he has constantly been staying in my home eating my food and using my amenities i had no issues. then all of a sudden he started dictating to me about how much i work how much money I spend how i run MY home now he is interfering because i have been on two dates with someone i met at work. ok its early days im very cautious with a new person i am still dealing with things. i have reached boiling point today and had to say something to him. we have fallen out for good. i have supported him through recent illness as i would with any friend but hes treated me so badly my work colleague insists he abuses me to and manipulated me constantly.. why again from a friend

HunkyDory
      Participant

Hi honey, yes it certainly seems abusive to me. There’s taking liberties and overstaying your welcome but interfering with your life like that is out of order. I’m sorry you fell out, if he was unaware he was overstepping the mark, then it could have been a simple error, but I get a bad feeling from what you’ve written. I think we are hyper sensitive to abusive behavior having gone through it, and that isn’t a bad thing, helps us turf them out of our lives quicker. Chin up xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

hi luvly. been talking to my sister she says the same hes totally abused my vulnerability. he got the hump because i went out with a friend for tea first thing he asked was “did you have sex with him” no i never what does he think i am? i was totally respected by the man

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content