Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ellanowhere
      Participant

My CPN suggested that I should contact women’s aid.
      However if feel like my situation isn’t bad enough to be thought of as being ‘abuse. I feel as though I am being ungrateful.
      I still live with my family despite being in my early twenties because of my mental health.

My younger brother hits me fairly frequently, he also says a lot of hurtful things- he tells me that I am pathetic and that I am a failure. He makes me feel utterly worthless. He also treats my mum in a simular way, he has given her bruises (removed by moderator) in the past. As he refuses to attended school, it can be difficult to get away from him.
      In the last couple of days he has threatened me with an (removed by moderator).
      I also have an extremely volatile relationship with my dad. He sexual abused me as a child, so I live in fear of him assaulting me in that manner.

Living Warrior
      Participant

Hello lovely,
      Welcome to the forum.

That definetly is abuse, if you read my post I started a while back and just replied to, then you will see the types of “men” they are.. living with the dominator by pat craven is where I got the info in the post,
      It sounds like your brother is taking notes from your father’s play book…
      I would definitely see womens aid, you are in need of the help, and you definetly deserve the help. Just because it is family and not a partner doesn’t mean it isn’t domestic abuse..

Domestic abuse is abuse that happens in your domestic home… many women I have spoken to on my journey have been mums beaten by sons, or siblings by other siblings, not just partners…
      They can help, and they will of you let them.

Well done for posting here, you will find comfort and strength in your posts and the help and support you get from the forum.

Stay strong and stay safe. X

Living Warrior
      Participant

The post I was talking about is called “know the signs”
      All the best x*x

Pinkypanther
      Participant

it is still abuse regardless of who is doing the abusing. Go get the help that you need, contact womans aid they will be able to help you in the way you need to be helped.
      Stay strong xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content