Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Happiermex
      Participant

Hi..
      In a previous message I have told how I was mentally and physically abused by my ex.
      I left and he found someone else within a week… right now I’m
      Being left alone which I hope will stay that way. I’m sure he won’t let this new supply go. I have maintained no contact even though I have been so down and emotional and even suicidal at times. I can’t stay in my home just yet as it triflggers my anxiety, but I had a flash back today when I popped to the shop something I completely forgot about! I can’t remember the whole evening and why just some parts. Is this normal x

hop
      Participant

Yes it is normal. It’s you’re brain telling you that you can’t cope with the rest. My therapist always says pretend your on a train and just let the memories travel past you like the stations and the scenery. Stay safe lovely, this world would be lost without you 💖💖🗺️

KIP.
      Participant

It’s trauma. Trauma causes huge memory loss. I thought I’d had dementia it was that bad, hang on in there, it’s going to take quite some time to recover x read The Body Keeps The Score

Happiermex
      Participant

I feel drained today, I think it’s from having two days of terrible upset. It’s so weird but I want things to be back how they were. I just want him here to put his arms around me and tell me he loves me

KIP.
      Participant

We crave what is normal to us, even if that normal is harmful to us. The adrenaline pumping through your body will exhaust you that’s why it’s important to practice mindfulness and calming exercises.

lostandbroken
      Participant

I feel your pain. Mine always dumps me, packs his things and leaves me after he’s had an episode of abuse (physical/emotional/verbal) which leaves me feeling that Iv done something wrong, to recently learn that every time he’s done it, he’s ran straight to another woman. These monsters don’t know how to be alone, yet we are left missing them and wanting them back to ‘put things right’. It’s the worst feeling in the world, I have it so bad today too. X

smiles123
      Participant

Hello, this is my first message on here and I feel a little vulnerable. I am also experiencing the ‘want his arms round me to hold me’ even though I know it is so very wrong. Why do I want this monster anywhere near me? I left him near the (detail removed by moderator) and it only seems to be getting harder. I found out he actually had a new gf for (detail removed by moderator) before we split. How can they just move on and be so happy like nothing has happened and we are left to piece ourselves back together. Please reach out to me if you are struggling and maybe we can talk it through! x

Happiermex
      Participant

Hey ladies, this is by far the hardest thing I have had to fight through. But I have done everything to prevent myself going back. He’s blocked of emails he’s blocked of social media and my phone. As much as I love him and want that feeling of him holding me what comes after just isn’t worth that. Dig deep this feeling dosnt last forever! Get help from your gp if you need to I have started anxiety tablets as my panic attacks where getting out of control. But I can feel a little more strength inside of me appearing. I still feel lonley and very scared for the future but I remind myself I have sat through hours of abuse, attacks and degrading and I am here!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content