Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi all
      Well it’s been well over a year since I left my abuser.. i must say through the year it’s been a rollacoster and been so tough . But i just wanted to share it does get easier with help and small steps all the way ..Ive finally got my own flat now and couldn’t be happier..
      It is alarmed up all thanks to victim support .who have stood by all the way .
      Ive been a survivor from a very young age .
      And attracted abusers ..but ive empowered myself through knowledge chatting to others
      There is light at the end of the tunnel ladies..but you must help yourself too
      And trust your gut instincts if something is off hugs ladys x

Anonymous
      Inactive

That’s really good news and I hope you are really proud because you should be. It is really difficult to move forward and keep moving forward too, You are right we do have to help ourselves, that takes courage and an enormous amount of strength too. The forum is excellent and helps as we can hopefully help each other through, like you say baby steps, Good luck in your new home xx

Nova
      Participant

IamFree..great to hear, I’m pleased that your life has moved onto new horizons, good for you, and your bleep deserve it!

I’m a bit behind you in that but I can feel, although I have meltdown days, that’s my mind is changing. I do live with regret and huge disappointment and sadness, that I invested so much…of every part of myself, to be here in this situ.
      However I can see that I have made big strides, and little ones…lots of mistakes..I’m still here inspite of it all, and it is a matter of picking up the shattered pieces, some sharper than others and moving forward, however that manifests itself!

Just keep going 🙂
      Cx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi
      Yes I have melt down days too. But we are warriers ..we will not let them win .
      Iam proud of each and everyone of you warriers
      It can only get better hugs and thank you for your kind messages X

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content