Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Distraught
      Participant

I’ve just left my 2nd abusive relationship. I’m not sure what I feel right now. I know that the relationship was wrong. I feel hurt that he has done this to me. He was someone I loved so much and I thought he loved me. I want him to fight for me but instead he just insults me. It’s only day (detail removed by moderator) of being apart and I know it gets easier. I keep reminding myself what he has done. To be emotionally abused by 1 man is bad enough but then enter another abusive relationship. I feel broken, hurt, humiliated, unloved and dirty. I don’t want to be involved with anyone else for a long time. I need to focus on my children. But right now as I have tears rolling down my face it hurts so much.

Hawthorn
      Participant

Well done on leaving, it takes immense courage. You are very brave. Let yourself cry, you’ll have swallowed enough tears. They will help you to heal. Be very gentle with yourself. Treat yourself like you would one of your children if they were upset. Make sure you eat(even if you’re not hungry) little and often, drink plenty of water and try to get some rest. Healing needs nutrition and rest. Some fresh air and time in nature really helped me too. That’s plenty for now.

Reach out here and to womens aid for support, you deserve it. You have done the right thing for you and your children. This is not your fault and it’s normal to feel broken and hurt. You will piece yourself back together and be stronger than before.

Sending hugs x*x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content