Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have extreme anxiety because of everything that has happened and (detail removed by Moderator) has just been too much.

I am struggling to walk and control pain and worry about the future,

(detail removed by Moderator) I managed to actually go out and buy some chocolate.

On the way out I was stopped and asked to turn out my pockets and bag in full view of everyone. When they realised they had mae a mistake they were keen for me to leave and told me they ‘were just doing their job’. I was humiliated and upset and would not leave until they would look at the CCTV and tell me why they had stopped me. They did this but still could not come up with a valid reason and just said they have had a lot of shoplifters and were just doing their job. I was a mess by the time I got home and my wider family went to the shop to complain.

I have written a full account of it all down, but I feel like I just have a big sign on my head saying please abuse me.

I can’t cope with it all at the moment and I’m so worried about being hospitalised. Why do things like this keep happening?

Twisted Sister
      Participant

oh that sounds horrible for you and thank goodness you have wider family support to help you challenge it.

I guess every now and again people do get stopped this way incorrectly, but it does seem iffy when they couldn’t find anything on the cctv to indicate a reason to apprehend someone this way.

I would imagine it would be illegal to apprehend and request a search of a person this way without good cause, and they didn’t have any.

A very bizarre thing and so hopefully a one-off from nowhere, or do you have odd random things like this happening frequently? If so, where’s your ex, could he be involved?

I truly hope you have a quiet evening enjoying every single bite of that chocolate.

warmest wishes

TS

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content