Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Neueranfang
      Participant

I’ve been out for a while.Not years but a while.We have got kids together and he is still harassing me daily and stalking me.I planned this trip away with the kids for half term to go abroad and see my family.It was meant to be a positive experience but everything went wrong today.It was raining heavily this morning and I wanted to make it easy for the kids.So I decided to take a zipcar to the train station.Wrong choice.The trip to the station was meant to be around 40 minutes.Instead it took us an hour and 40 minutes as I couldn’t park the stupid zip car anywhere.It cost me a fortune.Money that I don’t have as my Ex isn’t paying maintenance.We missed two of our trains to the airport.I had to park the zipcar in a zone where I wasn’t allowed to park and call them up.This is gonna cost me hundreds and hundreds of pounds now as you can’t just park anywhere.Plus they are going to block my account and I’m relying on using zipcar to get to work and get my kids to school and to dodge my Ex.Things couldn’t be any worse really.We are now on the train and very late.We might miss our flight.This was meant to be a treat for all of us to get away from the stress but it caused so much more stress.We all cried earlier.I just can’t believe all this

cakepops
      Participant

I hope you managed to get to the airport on time. Please try not to beat yourself up about things like this happening either way – everyone ends up in ridiculous situations like this sometimes. I nearly missed a really important train once with my kids due to going to the wrong train station, my friend once missed a flight with her kids as she forgot her passports.

Please give us an update and let us know if you got there ok x

Neueranfang
      Participant

Thanks for your kind words.Much needed and much appreciated.I’m crying as I’m writing this.The situation actually got a lot worse.But it was out of my hands.We would have made the flight but because of heavy rain and flooding our express train to the airport was severely delayed and the we rushed around like mad and my son jumped on to one of the trains connecting the terminals.The doors shut on me and my other son and my poor boy was on the train on his own.Luckily a really kind woman was waiting with him at the next stop and we got reunited but we missed our flight.Lots of other people missed the same flight, too.We were then put on a waiting list for a different flight (I had to pay hundreds of pounds on top) which is far from where we need to go and even if we get that flight, we’ll have to travel all through the night.And now it is extremely delayed on top of everything and we still don’t even know what’s happening with us.I’m exhausted and no end in sight.In these situations, I feel so alone.I have to make all the decisions and my kids obviously rely on me when I’m just so tired and could do with someone to lean on myself.Someone to tell me that everything will be ok in the end

iliketea
      Participant

Oh hun, Im so sorry to hear this, just when all you are trying to do is have a treat with your children and get away from it all. It will be ok in the end, it will, life has a way of working out. Might not be exactly how you thought it would be, but it will. You’ll see. Appeal the Zipcar, if it was freak weather especially, honestly every single time something like this happens to me more often that not they relent and refund. Remember if you booked on a credit card you are covered by that insurance usually too. Make the best of it now you’re there, might take a day or so to get into your trip but make the most of it for you especially, look after you, really give yourself a big hug (sounds weird but its kinda nice and does work), spoil yourself and just forget all the bad stuff whilst you’re away. xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content