Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Speakingout2
      Participant

It’s been (detail removed by moderator) since I left , I’m now with someone new who is amazing I couldn’t be happier with him. But I’m still dealing with nightmares about the old relationship. They come and go, they are horrible , extreme and they feel so real. When I wake up I feel like I saw him then I can’t stop thinking about the whole relationship and what I did to deserve what he did to me. I never spoke out about the relationship I never spoke out about what he did during the relationship , I was too worried about come backs and what would happen if he found out that I spoke out. This is my first time writing on one of these , I don’t really know how it works but I just needed to get it out. I hope anyone who’s in the sitation I was in finds the strength to leave. You can do it.

Darcy
      Participant

Hi beautiful Angel… Speakingout2,
      Well done for posting
      Although you have moved on physically with another man… emotionally it feels like you still have a bit of work to do on yourself and posting on here is a great first step
      You have to feel to heal so all those feelings you are getting try and sit with them and then allow them to be released however uncomfortable this may feel
      If you continue to push them back down or mask them with other things they will go away but not for long and slowly when you least expect they will bubble up again asking for you to acknowledge them again and release them
      This is a really important process in moving on emotionally from an abusive relationship
      If you are able to, a carefully chosen therapist could help and support you through this. Alternatively start to write these feelings down, scream, shout and cry, dance, sing, go on a long walk in nature anything to get them out and dealt with
      This is your journey so do what feels best for you in you heart and remember it is a process and does take time
      I think I am right in saying all the ladies on here will be willing to support you so keep posting and reading and stay connected
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content