Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Farawayplanet
      Participant

Its been (removed by moderator) months since I left.

The first 3 months were so so hard.

October was so much better and I am becoming me again, my old self. I’ve missed her!

We were so lucky to be offered housing by my local council within (removed by moderator) weeks of applying. Been living here for (removed by moderator) months now and while it’s not a show home….its our home.

My child is happy and settled back into school and I have just had a fantastic parents evening report.

My child sees his dad for one night a week, I hate the handover but it’s quick and in a public carpark and the little one enjoys going.

There is life after an abusive relationship, it takes time but I am now coming out of the fog and slowly rebuilding everything.

I even bought myself a coat this week! Didn’t have to worry if he would like it or not or if I had spent too much etc. Nothing special, just a supermarket brand but its kept me warm on the school run.

Thankyou for all the advice on here, it took over 2 years to leave but I did it. It’s tough and such a journey but the outcome is so much better now.

KIP.
      Participant

What a lovely post 💕 power to you and good riddance to bad rubbish

Eggshells
      Participant

This is great news Farawayplanet. It’s lovely to hear you are doing so well and that your feeling more and more settled. Thank you for sharing. xx

Eyesopening
      Participant

Hey, thankyou for sharing, I’m happy for you.
      It’s been 3 months for me today and I am still struggling.
      I hope it’s going to get better from now.
      x*x

iliketea
      Participant

Hi, that’s so good to hear, enjoy your warm coat and home and new life ahead of freedom. Amazing, well done. Hope you’re proud of yourself. xx

Whitegoddess
      Participant

Thanks for sharing it gives me hope

Kitkat44
      Participant

So so glad for you and your little one. Wonderful and uplifting to read. Well done xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content