Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Starmoon
      Participant

It’s been (detail removed by Moderator) since he assaulted me…(detail removed by Moderator) since we last spoke. My parents looked after the children tonight and I went out with friends which I haven’t done worth out him in a long time. Under the influence of alcohol I spoke about how he said I had an ‘in ability to communicate’ and one of my friends said (and the rest agreed) “you’re probably one of the best communicators I know”… They all said how lovely I am and how much they value me!! I genuinely blubbed uncontrollably like a baby. It’s been so so long since anyone said anything like that. They meant it and I believed it too. I had been so scared to talk to allot of them about what had been going on because I ‘genuinely’ beloved they would just validate what he said and make me believe I deserved what he put me threw but they didn’t and they didn’t think I I was to blame at all.
      I’m shocked. I was (still am) scared to speak about all that happened because I feel responsible but my friends have said that on numerous occasion they saw the act that he was putting on slip and would never have believed him over me. I just can’t express how much that means to me and I have told them that

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Starmoon,

I am so, so glad that others have validated you.

Please listen to these people!

I think the truth is rather that it is impossible to communicate with an abuser. They don’t want to communicate- they want to control, divert and confuse. 💛💛💛

godschild
      Participant

Hi, Have been wondering how you are, so glad your friends have spoken the truth to you, the abusers feed us so much wrong negative info about ourselves it takes outsiders to validate the truth, hold onto it xx

Ayanna
      Participant

I am glad you got such nice friends. You need to go out with them more often. They see your experiences from a different perspective and put your thoughts right. x*x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content