Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Benson
      Participant

Hi Ladies, I haven’t been on here for sometime as been working hard to rebuild my life for both me and my child. Things having been going well and I have begun to see a bit of my old self back!! My child was beginning to grow in confidence and we have created so many new good memories. (Detail removed by moderator) a few Anniverasires of specific dates/ incidents have gone by and I thought I had coped with them really well- I was proud of myself. Then my work profile accidentally got put on website, this has now been removed. Since then my child’s nursery has had a peculiar call asking information about my child, of course they have not given out any details. I have had a threatening voicemail in landline, car has been parked outside my property for three nights for over two hours at a time. This has now triggered flashback and the most horrendous nightmares- reliving things I thought I had forgotten, if that makes sense. I have forgotten how I coped with the flashbacks. I hope I have not been found, I am so angry with myself for letting it affect me.

Hey Benson, well done for posting. That sounds really tough

TRy to be kind to yourself. Remember self-care, things you might do to cope with nightmares etc.
      Phone 116 123 if you are scared in the night, light a candle, try writing your dreams down if you can bear it. Think of your sisters on here hon.

you sound as if you are an amazing mum.

we go through phases. sure ladies on here will have concrete things to say about what has happened and what to do.

thinking of you, bless you

ftc
      x

AlwaysSorry
      Participant

Hi there Benson,

Oh I must admit that did leave me feeling uneasy to read, how utterly uncomfortable those experiences must have been for you! I do hope they are all innocent coincedences, but if not it’s good the nursery knew not to let any information slip. Was the voicemail from him or someone else? Surely if from him, the police could be looking into malicious comms / harassment route if that would be something you’d be interested in? It couldn’t hurt if you managed to get the index make/model/colour of the car as well, but like I said these could all be coincedences, so I don’t want to alarm you with these suggestions.
      It’s troubling to experience flashbacks and I can imagine even more so when you thought they had left you. Have you had any therapy and would it maybe be an idea of trying to arrange some through your GP? And as ftc so rightly says, selfcare does wonders for us, so make sure to spoil yourself before bedtime, do something that makes you feel good or relaxed like having a bath. Think of yourself and your little one and the life you are building together, the good life.

Sending you many wishes for a peaceful uninterrupted sleep

Benson
      Participant

Many thanks for your replies. The ladies on here always manage to keep me going even when life gets tough. I have taken a photo of the car and written down the number plate. The voicemails are him- trying to put on husky voice, it threatens both me and my child. I am at the point of not wanting to go to sleep in case of the nightmares, but tonight I am trying a new tact, camomile tea, I need some sleep!

Freedom to choose – what is the phone number 116123 for? At the moment I sleep with light on as Well find it easier to snap out of the nightmares. A few steps back, but hopefully Inwill start to take some steps forward again soon. Thank you again

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content