Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Cheesequeen
      Participant

Just wanted to come back here and see how everyone is getting on. I left my husband (detail removed by moderator) and I am safe and secure and for the most part doing well.
      This forum was the first step for me and everybody’s advice was so crucial for me to wake up and find the right support.
      It has been the most intensely frightening and yet happiest years of my life. There were so many times I thought I wouldn’t make it, but I keep in making it somehow!
      I hope everyone is well in whatever stage they are at and wish everyone the hope to know that things can change and get better in time.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Congratulations on your year away from your husband. I hope things continue to get better for you. X

fizzylem
      Participant

Hi CQ, so lovely to read – it’s a difficult process, one that we feel will break us many times for sure, but at the end of the day, whatever he does, he does not have the power to keep a good woman down! Wishing you success and happiness x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi CheeseQueen, lovely to hear from you. Ive Been out about the same length of time as well. For the most is been the best time, still early on in these after abuse life isn’t it. But we’re doing it.
      Best wishes IWMB 💞💞

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content