Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Bananabread
      Participant

Hi, I am new here and this is my first post.
      It has been (detail removed by moderator) since the final incident and I have had no contact and orders are in place to protect me.
      The support I had initially from MARAC and DVO’s was amazing.
      However now, since I am no longer under their care, I am, struggling , suffering
      Flashbacks, palpitations, continually hyper vigilant. I am having to function everyday as I have to work, but everyday this gets harder, always looking over my shoulder , jumpy and any form of confrontation I break down in tears or worry.
      I have become so passive to everyone, to avoid any form of confrontation, this in turn makes me vulnerable to be controlled, not only from men, but people I work with and come across in life.

I guess am looking for guidance to help
      Me overcome this overwhelming feeling.

Sometimes I think the person who put in this opposition is also the person who protected me from the outside world. The control was familiar , I knew what to expect and when to hide. I am now exposed to everyone and I am a deer in headlights.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there Bananabread, welcome to the forum. Thank you for sharing this with us. It is understandable that you are finding it difficult without the initial support you received. It would be a good idea to contact your local domestic abuse service to ask about any further support they might be able to offer you. Such as support groups or courses and so on.

You could also talk to your GP about how you are feeling if you haven’t already done so.

Keep posting

Best wishes

Lisa

fizzylem
      Participant

This can happen BB, when the practical aspects are sorted and the risk removed, leaves us with processing the trauma and the losses; working what did it all mean. Think speaking to GP would be a good idea or a local womens charity; you need to pull in and shape your support now. Lots of taking your time, you setting the pace, only taking on what you feel able and no more; the removal of all pressures for a while; and lots of self care practices every day x

Bananabread
      Participant

Thank you so much for the comments. Xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content