Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Iwantmeback
      Participant

I’m sitting here in my housecoat, still. I’ve run a bath, going to wash my hair too. It’s just so nice being able to do anything at my own pace. It’s bliss.💜 have had my breakfast,on my third coffee, my furbaby is lying across my lap,no rush to do anything, it’s bliss💜 I still feel wary, not totally settled yet, still jump at every sound, neighbours doing neighbourly things,hanging out washing, bringing in bins, talking to each other, normal every day things. Apart from that, it’s bliss💜
      Best wishes IWMB 💞💞

KIP.
      Participant

Yes it’s funny how we adjust to events as humans. I’m enjoying the peace too. And I know what luxury it is to have a bath when we want to, and even to sit around in our pjs all day without constant criticism or fear of consequences. Such normal things that your average person takes for granted. Well enjoy that bliss. You’ve earned it and the longer you’re away, the better it becomes 😎

Cecile
      Participant

Well done IWMB. I keep having a sense of disbelief that I am free. Like this is a heaven that will soon end. Then I realise I am not doing anything extraordinary, its just normal every day life without a predator stalking through my mind and soul and physical space. I had a bad day yesterday. Came to a standstill and found myself sitting hands in lap, tense and low. I figured its because of the high/low effect of the abuse, periods of relative peace followed by periods of abuse and control. Like my body was waiting for it, and my brain.I wrote it out of my system in my journal and came on here for a boost. Thanks for giving it to me, your post was just what I needed, to know I am not insane or hysterical and others are going through the same.I bought a robe just fro lounging around in and slapping on loads of perfume. :0

Escapee
      Participant

We really are lucky aren’t we…..I get to be myself in all my glory. I wear what I want, eat what I want, go to bed when I want and fill my day with positivity rather than the constant unhand criticism and negativity and intimidation.

Here’s saying a prayer 🙏 for all those still trapped. X

Happy Saturday ladies ❤️

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Amen to that. Here’s to freedom for everyone 🌸🍀 and to long mornings in robes haha 😊

Enjoy your bliss IWMB darling, I am so happy you are able to 😘

Love to you all 💕😘

White Rose
      Participant

This made me smile, so true!
      Thanks

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content