Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ariel
      Participant

I left the home recently. The children are with him. I am seeing them only when I go round to the house on his say so and I’ve had them over here to sleep on occasion when it suits him.
      I went on a shopping trip with my mum and didn’t answer my phone for 20 minuts. He called (Detail removed by Moderator) times and left (Detail removed by Moderator) messages. Also left (Detail removed by Moderator) messages on my mum’s phone saying “someone better puck up as I’m really annoyed now”.
      I feel like I can’t even go to the toilet without taking my phone with me incase he tries to call. I can’t leave the house incase he calls and questioning me where I am.
      I can’t do this anymore, I’m becoming a shell of myself. Sometimes I can’t even speak in proper sentences. I hate him, why can’t he just let me go x

Ariel
      Participant

He is constantly black mailing me. “If you go shopping with your mum, your not seeing the kids”.
      If I get a court order about seeing the kids how much money is that going to be?
      I might have to move out of the area. I’m living with my mum at the moment.
      Maybe I should move and get an injunction but I need proper access to my children. 2 of them are legally old enough to make their own decisions. Will an injunction make it worse or better.

Dillusionalworld
      Participant

Hi Ariel, have you called victim support? They’re fantastic and I’m sure they can give you a lot of advice. They put me in touch with the Family Law Advice Line too. I’m fairly sure you can get help with costs (legal aid) when it’s a domestic abuse situation. You’ve done the best thing by leaving, that’s always the hardest part, now he’s lost his control over you and he’s trying to get that back. Don’t let him win as he has no right to treat you like this! I hope everything gets better for you x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content