Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Strongenough
      Participant

I wanted to share something to reach out to anyone trying to hold it together. I’ve been fragile for a few weeks now. I have some upcoming challenges to face that are to do with my ex, and its been weighing on me heavily. I’ve not been sleeping well and have been disinterested in work, my home and really feeling low. As we all do I’ve just kept going, eventhough inside I have been struggling.

Today I went into work and was triggered by something someone said. I began to cry and couldn’t stop. It was like everything I’ve been trying to hold burst out. My colleagues were shocked as I haven’t shared too much with them lately. They also don’t fully understand DA but they have been supportive.

I feel a whole lot better now, I know I have the same challenges to face but after breaking down I started to feel brighter. I used to get really embarrassed crying about my situation but honestly today I couldn’t have cared, I recognise I had to let out some of that emotion.

A reminder to me and everyone else, you can’t be strong all of the time. Sometimes it’s good to cry.

nbumblebee
      Participant

Do you know what I have been thinking about this alot.
      I see a counsellor and a PT two people I pay to help me but yet I cant fully open up I cant say whats inside for fear of crying.
      Im so scared to cry.
      Im scared to let go in case I fall apart and cant fix me.
      Your post has really really helped me. Thank you.
      I so hope you feel better and stronger and better supported.
      Big big hugs xxxxx

Strongenough
      Participant

Thank you Nbumblebee, I think because we are used to putting up with so much we develop an unhealthy resilience. It’s not easy to be vulnerable infact it’s an uncomfortable place for me. I had DA counselling and I cried through every session. Outwith that I’ve never really cried. Maybe because I don’t have that now it’s been a build up. I understand your dilemma, opening those floodgates is scary xx

nbumblebee
        Participant

Can I ask did you feel better?
        I feel like I have something stuck in my chest and it just wont come out I wonder if you had this too and it helped at all?
        I wont ever let hubby see me cry after he has been an arse maybe thats why I wont let anyone in?

Strongenough
      Participant

I felt a lot better. The low feeling I’ve been carrying around for weeks seemed to lift. The colleagues I broke down in front of are ones that I have a good relationship with and they have supported me from the beginning. This was the first I’d seen them since the Christmas break so perhaps I just found myself in a really safe place to do so.

StrongLife
      Participant

So glad your work is supporting you and you were able to feel relief.

All of the triggers can be so overwhelming. I have had times when crying was all that helped.

Mostly I have had lack of support (including putting me in harms way) from work places. I have had to quit in end.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content