Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Peaceful Pig
      Participant

I had the opportunity to talk to a friend yesterday who I am able to discuss (to some extent) the things I am working through in counselling. My feelings came out in a bit of a torrent and I realised how much I had been holding in and trying to manage alone. I feel so much lighter today, so much more able to tolerate my painful thoughts and feelings in a calm way. I am able to enjoy my time with the children again now I have let off steam.
      It feels like a big risk to trust anyone with this stuff, but I think, for me anyway, I can’t do this in isolation and I need to take risks in order to prove to myself that some can be trusted and not everyone will abuse me. I just hope I’ve judged them well enough!
      I am so grateful to you lovely, kind, brave women for being there when there’s no-one to trust. Thank you. I wish for us all to find kind people worthy of trust in our lives in the future x*x

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

Thanks (detail removed by moderator), I’m sorry you also have no-one to confide in. It seems so unfair that the isolation continues because so many people are unable to handle the reality of what happens in our lives. Dealing with their reactions can be very upsetting and disappointing. I was badly let down by a friend (ex friend!) last year. I went through a phase where I needed so desperately to talk that I was putting myself at risk, so when I went back to counselling this time I tried not to tell anyone. Then I needed childcare so now they know, but I have a much clearer sense of having a choice in how much to share and how much detail etc this time. It’s a fine line xx

Serenity
      Participant

I am glad you were able to offload to this person, PP.

There are people in this world who you can indeed trust implicitly and who have such empathy and warmth, talking to them is such a comfort and release!

We are blessed to have people like this among our acquaintances, and we are blessed to have eachother here too. X

Whathaveidone
      Participant

I’ve just started counselling and it’s so good to talk to someone about my feerlingsdfeerlingsd. I’m usually as very quiet a d weithdrawn person but wswshen I’m speaking to my counsellor, the time just flies, by as I always have something to say! Also, I like the fact that I can go to a safe space away from home to speak about me and noons else without judgement.

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

Hi whathaveidone, I’m really pleased that counselling is helping, it’s such a relief if you find a good one you can develop a rapport with and feel safe to let it all out. My new one is very nurturing and kind, I feel safe there. Sometimes her dogs come and sit with us too which is really comforting! X

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content