Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Pinkturtle
      Participant

I just keep thinking my only way out is to disappear

But I have a good job I enjoy I’d have to throw away.

Then I feel like well it’s your own fault you should have seen what he was like sooner, maybe I did but believed him cos well some of the stuff no normal person would lie about

People think it’s easy, and you can always find another home and job, like I have to give up something good on my life cos of him

Sorry for rambling sometimes it’s just nice to empty my head

KIP.
      Participant

I fought it and stayed in the marital home. He was arrested and it gave me the space to recover. In reality not much has changed in my physical circumstances. My mental health hit rock bottom but I’m glad I stood my ground and kept my home, neighbours, support network. You can do it too. Just gather help around you x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Good evening Pinkturtle,

Try not to blame yourself for not seeing the abuse sooner. We naturally want to believe the best in someone and give them the benefit of the doubt when we have invested in a relationship and have strong feelings for them. It is not easy to recognise abuse when you are experiencing it, the fact that you are recognising it now is incredibly strong.

It is such an injustice to feel as if the only option is to sacrifice your things, such as your job, or home, just to get away from someone. It feels so unfair, abusers should be held accountable for their actions and should be the ones to face consequences, but unfortunately, this is not always the case.

Take care of yourself and keep posting.
      Lisa

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content