Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Tobfree
      Participant

Its really hard having disabilities and i think this makes us more vulnerable easy targets
      And i know we are just kind loving supportive incredible women and unfortunately got sucked into the mind games control and manipulation gas lighting and trauma bonding

There is articles on line about trauma bonding and in these articles it describes the cycle of abuse so well

Trying to break free is very hard and you go through so many emotions its all most like i am grieving the death of a person a relationship a future that never was

Guess the love bombing had me so fooled for quite some time and then it was subtle manipulation control disguised in many ways even as jokes

I guess breaking free takes time and also it takes being careful so the abuser doesn’t find out we trying to leave them

We do this to keep our selfs safe from more cruel cold vindictive punishments mind games gas lighting and bullying behaviours or worse

We just got to keep reaching out to each other ladies cos together we are stronger

I going to contact woman’s aid soon too as they are incredible support and totally understand what we are going through and help us

I Just wanted to tell u a-bit about what been going on
      And get advise support and offer mine
      And say hi to all u ladies

KIP.
      Participant

Hello and welcome, what you say is totally true and recognising we are actually being abused is often a huge painful first step to recovery. Women’s aid are fantastic. If you’re interested in reading I can recommend Living with the Dominator by Pat Craven and Why Does He Do That by Lundy Bancroft. Have a great day 💕

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content