Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      JustKeepSinging
      Participant

At the risk of sounding like a teenager I needed a place to vent today and also just to ask for help.

I left my abusive relationship fairly recently and I’m feeling so frustrated this week.
      I’m really struggling – I’ve had to go to court on numerous occasions, deal with his s**t he just left for me to sort out, go to meetings about universal credit, spend £££’s on solicitors and now find somewhere new to live suitable for me & my kids one of whom is classed as disabled and the housing register won’t accept me.

He’s done nothing to make sure the kids need anything except things that will make him look good in court and has just carried on with his life regardless of the trail of destruction he’s caused.

He’s broken the law and the police say they can’t get the evidence to prosecute and all the abuse is psychological and emotional so the police won’t / can’t do anything about that either.

I just feel like why should I have to (continue) to suffer and worry because of him when there’s no consequences to his actions.

I still have to go through the whole child contact process and I’m just worried I won’t get taken seriously and that he will end up with access to the kids.

Is there nothing I can do??

Yellowflower
      Participant

I’m afraid I’m not much help here as im exactly where you are. Though I am very fortunate for the time being I can stay with friends. It really does seem that these men lie their way through the system and get away with it. I think we just have to keep faith in that we know the truth and hope that it will come across to the authorities. It’s extremely hard having children with these men. I hope someone on here has some good advice or hope for us. My heart goes out to you please know your not alone❤️ Xx

diymum@1
      Participant

the civil courts are different they do recognise abuse as being detrimental to the child. they expect you to give contact one good go but if it falls apart because off his behaviour they can take the order to nil xx

JustKeepSinging
      Participant

Thanks all.

I just feel so let down by the system – I know I have done the right thing for me & my kids but I didn’t expect the fight to be this hard 😔

X

Anonymous
      Inactive

🙁 sounds awful. My ex walked into my workplace and made vile allegations about me which lead me being suspended from work and my university . It’s been over 6months with no end in sight. The police aren’t supporting me and he’s simply getting away with everything…..he knows how to play the system. Some people are so vile x

JustKeepSinging
        Participant

OMG Rein1deer2 how can any human just be that awful.
        I think one of the worse parts of the whole process of leaving from domestic abuse is when your fears of not being heard and taken seriously come true.

Can you your local WA support you and go with you to your Uni etc? xx

maddog
      Participant

I feel your pain. I really do. All the authorities are telling me I am doing everything possible to keep myself and the children safe. All apart from one.

The Family Court system isn’t fair. It really isn’t. I don’t know what it’s there for apart from to allow the abuse to continue and for the system to make money.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content