Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hello ladies I had another triggering day today but I have come out of it victorious. You may or may not recall but a person I considered as a friend questioned whether I was lying about the abuse which was very hurtful for me this person is a mutual friend of ours. They have known me for a long time and him for 5 minutes and I thought that counted for something.

Well today I went somewhere where I didn’t expect to see her and I looked amazing out of this world. Hair, make up, clothes, jewellery were all 100% how they should have been. I could sense that there was someone looking at me so I turned my head slightly she saw that person! Oh my goodness I don’t know what he’s told this person but looked unhinged and I’m not even exaggerating! There was a smile at me but usually I would be approached and in a genuine way but this person had something inside them. They are still talking to them! It’s so obvious oh my goodness I decided to take a step back and let this person approach me but they didn’t. Let’s just say one thing I looked and felt like I couldn’t care less about him which is absolutely true so that’s gone back to him guaranteed and I am so glad it will. This person is vile, deluded and stuck up his derrière so I am very proud of myself for how I conducted myself. It will certainly not be the reaction he had hoped for. Like all the abusers we have come across he thinks he is something really special but he’s not! He’s nothing without me I’m everything without him!

It all gets better and better and better and I’m so content with who I am I thank God for this horrendous time she getting me out at the perfect time before my life could have really been in danger. I think God for giving me a second chance again and for never ever leaving my side my strong faith has got me through this ordeal and got me to where I am today. This my lovely ladies is what I call KARMA bang straight in his face! Just the divorce to finalise now and I will gladly revert to my maiden name and enjoy life’s up and downs and appreciate everything and everyone a whole lot more!

You can do this ladies if I can then so can you!

Xxxx

I’m really really upset about this person I considered a friend. We go years and years back and the way I was treated today was horrid. It was so cold and so hurtful. It’s hurt me really really badly I’ve tried to keep myself busy but it’s been brewing inside me all day. I just don’t understand

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi and hugs PL

Abusers are so good at looking the victim, and turning people against us. Look how we fooled for it.

I have women ignore me that I thought were friends, even my children ignore me. You would think that they were give us the courtesy to say our piece. But then why should we. I have just tried to contact my hairdresser and she block me on social media and not returning my calls, well her loss I will go else where.

FS xx

What the hell!! That’s insane! I’m in shock here! Thanks so much for replying I’ve been upset all day. I looked strong and happy but inside I could not believe someone I considered close to me could do that! But, I didn’t show my weakness to anyone. That’s what I’m proud of and one day they will see him for what he really is and I’ll be off living my happy ever after too busy to give two hoots! Thank you for your post it really really helped me how anyone can be so cruel I do not know especially to your children. Oh well it’s their loss and we see who our real friends are! Give your new hairdresser a tip because of that awful one lol silly woman! Soooooo stupid I can’t even explain but glad I didn’t feel alone with that. I usually don’t give a c**p and I’ve cut anyone out of my life who undermines me, doesn’t treat me right and isn’t good for me but something about this really hurt I can’t put my finger on it. But, I’ll rise again, again and again! I looked amazing and a full detailed report has gone back to him. I say GOOD he now knows I do not care! X

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi PL

Pleased I could help but sad you had to go through it.

Normally I can shake it off but sometimes it hurts and like you I will not give them the satisfaction of knowing that they have got to me.

One day they will know him for what he is but I won’t be available.

That is what’s messing with my ex’s head that I am surviving and happy with out him.

FS xx

Malaya
      Participant

So proud of you! Not only have you totally stuck two fingers up at him and with dignity I might add, you didn’t go and grovel to the woman to hear your side of the story. You acted with class, and one day she’ll see the truth and feel like a right b***h for treating you like that

Getting away from our abusers is only a part of rebuilding ourselves. We have to clear our life of anyone who undermines us, belittles us or makes us feel bad. No one dragging you down or holding you back. A real friend would have maybe found it hard to get their head round but believed you all the same

The best revenge is to move on and be happy xx

Thank you both so so much. I woke up with red eyes after crying so much! My dad said what’s wrong with your eyes when he saw me this morning and I said I just didn’t sleep well.

I really did stick two fingers up at him I really did not look like I gave a s**t. He has not been dignified at all I’ve had to keep my integrity in place each and every time he’s tried to undermine it. Yesterday was a victory I showed him big time literally did stick not two but four fingers up at him lol!

I have been feeling uneasy all day I had the worst nights sleep in a long time and something wasn’t sitting right with me all day. I now know I was very angry and hurt by her and I got on the phone to Samaritans and I shouted, swore, cried and gave all my fighting talk! Now I feel a lot better I got through a tough day and I’ll sleep well tonight with all that crying.

I am taking all the trash out in my life and I’m really thinking about who I trust. I rose from the ashes yet again I don’t know where I find this in me but I am honestly amazing myself! Each and every time! I’m back in the gym tomorrow back to doing things for myself and trying to lead the life I want to live. Tomorrow is a new day and I can work towards shaping up for my holiday 😊.

I will be happy and I’m far happier without him the spark inside me is back. I’m taking each day as it comes and I couldn’t do any of this without you all you’re phenomenal. I wrote down all the things I enjoy doing and how much time I spend doing them. I now want to change those things and I’m practically going to work on those things this week and the gym is a good start. I won’t and cannot let this beat me I will not give him and his vile family the satisfaction they can do one!!

Xxxxx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content