Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anabela
      Participant

I have been doing kind of okay. I had retake of exam last week and I did my best to shut my emotions down and it kind of worked. But now, maybe too many days off due to Easter I just feel down. It seems for no reason but I think it is because I am missing him. I think a lot about him. I remember his face. I miss him. A good and kind him. I know I made a right decision to end the relationship and let police deal with him. But…. I still miss him. And with days like that i just have to wait for them to pass. I hate weekends. I so prefer to need to be up for work early then go to uni and feel tired all day long as it shuts my feelings. When i can only think of sleep. Not him. And I need to pull myself together to do presentation for uni but even the topic reminds me so painfully of him and how we met…… ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ’”needless to say I cant concentrate at all…..

KIP.
      Participant

It’s normal to feel this way. Have you had some good counselling for the trauma you suffered? It really helped me to talk to a professional. Just know that loving him will not help him, nor will it prevent him from hurting you badly again. Try to accept these feelings instead of fighting them. Accept the fact that it hurts but know that it will pass and tomorrow is another day. I often tell myself the decision was taken out of my hands. The sort of behaviour from him made it impossible for me to stay. He did not nor could not appreciate the love I had for him. It was in his nature to destroy me if I let him. Self preservation won in the end. Only good things can come now x

Anabela
      Participant

Thank you KIP for your response. No I haven’t had councelling yet. Did not have time for it or did not list it as my number one priority… also, I am scared that first sessions might make me more emotional and maybe i should start when i have holidays at uni….. but maybe i should stop looking for excuses…..
      Yes, tomorrow is another day. It must be a better one. ๐Ÿ˜Š

White.com
      Participant

I understand as I miss the man who abused me through two pregnancies and left me alone with two babies and tonight I’ve had enoughtonight at

Anabela
        Participant

I am so sorry to hear that. It sucks that the man abuses us and we still miss him.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ยฉ 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England โ€“ Womenโ€™s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Womenโ€™s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions โ”‚ Privacy & cookie policy โ”‚ Site map โ”‚ Protect yourself onlineโ”‚ Mediaย โ”‚ย Jobs โ”‚ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content