Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Greented99
      Participant

We split a while ago, he knows im about to move house with the kids a while away (he has to legally as its mortgaged)

The manipulation and the lies and the psychobabble used to intimidate me is getting worse (as my support worker said it would). I know theres nothing he can do and this isnhis last shot at exerting his control over me and try and make me miserable, i knew and predicted it…. but im still struggling.

He thinks hes so clever, his messages are so covert and an attempt at ‘proving ‘ im stopping him seeing the kids or that im an abuser (i know – projecting) but it still terrifies me that a court will see it like that even though i have my legal aid letter. Im so nearly at the end but I feel so isolated and i cant explain what hes doing very well so i guess my friends dont really get it.

Im just struggling to manage the emotions now its all coming to a head i guess, does anyone relate?

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, yes these men want to live in our heads. They will try everything and as you near your goal his abuse will escalate and you’re right to feel anxious. It’s a very dangerous time for women when we end a relationship so don’t take any chances. His actions are to provoke a response from you so don’t give him one. And don’t waste your energy trying to predict his next step just concentrate on you are your next step. It sounds like you’re not too far away from freedom so keep your eyes on the prize. They steal our confidence and self esteem and leave us doubting ourselves. That’s the abuse but you’re a strong woman to get this far so just keep going. And take all the help offered x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content