Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      backtome
      Participant

So, now that he’s not living with me any more (hurrah!), i’m finding such enjoyment out of the little things like:

I don’t have to panic if I think I left the TV on standby, it doesn’t matter any more.
      I can buy supermarket own brand beans! (half the price of heinz)
      Also, I can buy own brand oven chips (less than half the price!) etc etc
      I had my friend and her little girl round to play and relax
      I’m having another friend round for dinner in the very near future!
      My Dad is coming to do some DIY bits and pieces for me soon.
      I completely blitzed MY bedroom and now its all clean and sparkly and TIDY.

I know all these are very minor things, but to me, they make me feel so good as they are things that couldn’t have happened when he was at my house.

Anyway, just wanted to share. I know there’s a looong way to go yet, and there will be majoy battles, but for now, I’m taking joy from the little things. x

Serenity
      Participant

It’s those little things that mean a lot! Those things equate daily freedom!

Being with an abuser is being judged, demeaned and attacked 24/7. The alternative is bliss.

Enjoy it! 💛

WesternCloud
      Participant

Go you!! enjoy those things, they are what make life blissful!

I saw a trailer on the TV for the Rugby earlier (my ex a big football fan, my family big rugby fans) I couldnt get involved last year as I was so absorbed in my relationship, this year I can. My sister in law said “thats it, focus on those things, the positives of what you have gained and not what you have lost” and it is so true. The word you used was ‘relax’ and that isnt something we can do whilst they are around, not fully anyway. Now you can, enjoy the little things and enjoy your new, happy, RELAXED life. You deserve it xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content