Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ariana
      Participant

Hi girls,
      I’m very close neally everything is in place.
      I’m a mixture of nervous/ excited/ guilty/ everything all rolled into one .but this time it just feels different. I’m more prepared..he doesn’t have a clue. This does make me more scared of his reaction. I’m feeling guilt but then I remind myself of why I’m doing this.. for the long term good..the bigger picture.. I suppose I’m just looking for some words of encouragement and tips on how to keep strong and not allow myself to weaken and want to run back to the miserable comfort zone x*x

iliketea
      Participant

Sending you so much strength for these next steps. AMAZING WELL DONE!!! Xx

Wants To Help
      Participant

Stay strong and embrace the life of freedom to come. Do NOT tell him you are leaving before you actually leave, this is our downfall. We always seem to think we owe it to people to be kind and explain things and it’s ‘the right thing to do’ blah, blah, blah. All that does is give them that chance to cry and plead and beg us to stay, promise us they’ll change, and then all the wind gets taken out of our sails and we then feel guilty if we were to get up and go.

My advice to you is to see your plans through and leave, then let him know afterwards if you must.

Good luck and best wishes.

Beautifulday
      Participant

Well done! You should be super proud of yourself x*x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content