Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Minimrs
      Participant

This morning he attacked my (detail removed by moderator) had enough and called the police on him they took him away in cuffs. IV given a statement and they are waiting to question him. I’m currently in the police station giving evidence of rape. I feel sick and anxious the kids are glad he is gone.

ISOPeace
      Participant

Oh goodness minimrs, I’m so sorry he attacked your son. I hope both you and your children are as ok as you can me in these circumstances.

What you’re doing is so brave. You’re showing great respect for yourself and your children and showing everyone how brave it’s possible to be. I can’t imagine what it’s like. Please know that everyone on this forum is behind you and sending you lots of love and support. Stay strong, sending hugs xxxxx

Watersprite
      Participant

Wow – well done! So sorry it has got to this but he should be held to account for what he has done. You are brave protecting you and yours and other women. You have taken control back and every thing that happens to him after this is because of what he chose to do – abusers never change. Feeling sick is path of thee course when you leave the station be really gentle on yourself comforting things nice smells and take one step at a time. Reach out for support for you and yours to assist this next bit – it’s a tough journey but you have done the right thing. Big hugs x*x

Eggshells
      Participant

Oh my goodness. You are amazing. I’m so sorry that he’s hurt you and your your loved ones again but I am so, so proud of you. Look at the steps you will take to protect yourself and your family. You are so wonderful and I am full of admiration for you.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of this nightmare for you. You now have solid grounds to apply for a protection order. Take tonight to find some calm then get on to your keyworker or IDVA for help through the next steps.

I’m loving you right now. Women like you give strength to us all. 😘

Minimrs
      Participant

Thankyou for you lovely messages I feel numb.its strange to think he will never make the kids feel like that again it’s strange to think I’ll never see him again. He’s not allowed back in the house the police have said and he’s not allowed near me or the kids he’s not even allowed to contact them. Why do I still feel a little bit sorry for him.

KIP.
      Participant

Well done. It’s going to be a real rollercoaster ride of emotions. He did this to himself. It’s the abuse that makes us feel sorry for them but save your energy and emotions for you and your child. Just take things one hour at a time. Rape crisis have a helpline if you need to talk. Don’t be surprised if he contact you. Just immediately ring the police. Take this time of peace to recharge. You’re going to be exhausted by all this. Your child will be proud of you for standing up to a nasty bully and protecting them. Enough is enough x

Minimrs
      Participant

The police have phones me he is being let out on bail and he’s denied everything. How dare he I feel so angry right now. IV had my daughter crying for him tonight. I think this is going to be harder than I thought. How b****y dare he say he hasn’t done it all. The years he as put is through I’m fuming.

Bettertimesahead
      Participant

I had a similar scenario although older children. Whilst he was on bail I applied for an emergency non molestation order and occupation order through the Ncdv. It was granted (detail removed by moderator) which I will apply to extend as his bail is now removed (detail removed by moderator). It’s very hard but you will get through this. One step at a time xx

Minimrs
      Participant

Yes ncda contacted me today but I couldn’t speak at the time I will ring them again tomorrow. And get this out in place. He’s not allowed here for now so that is something.

KIP.
      Participant

Very typical of these men to deny it all. Many make counter allegations too, blaming us. This is who they are. The abuse continues after separating and often escalates. He will be playing the victim now with family and friends and blaming you. Recruiting flying monkeys where he can. Pack up his belongings and get someone to collect them for him so that there’s no reason for him to come anywhere near your home. Bail won’t last forever so look at protective orders too when you have the energy. Lean on women’s aid too. Take all the help offered x

Minimrs
      Participant

I have been InTouch with women’s aid and the local council they are growing to re-home us all. I can stand living here anymore. He has breeched his bail conditions by sending messages through tick tock. IV informed tho police and they are dealing with it. I’m missing him terribly and so is my daughter. I know he is no good for us but I just wish I could have a hug. I know that it’s wrong

Hawthorn
      Participant

You are so brave @Minimrs. I know it’s not the same but sending you a virtual hug xoxo
      You are so strong and you will get through this. It’s ok to miss him, we crave what’s normal. But when your normal is abuse, it’s better to miss it. Try wrapping your arms around yourself and giving yourself a big hug. Cry if you need to, dont worry if you dont. Whatever you’re feeling or not is ok. A warm bath releases the same happy hormones as a hug so maybe try that, or a warm shower even.
      Be very kind to yourself, you’re a hero, even if you dont feel like that right now xx

Minimrs
      Participant

IV had some good news they are going to move me to a new house so I feel safe. I can’t wait, I feel I’m looking over my shoulder all the time at the moment. He is not going to beet me this is going to be a fresh start just me and my kids. He is pathetic. The kids really deserved a better dad and now they just have a mom when beloved them very much. It’s going to be hard being a single mom of (removed by moderator) but it’s so worth it if I or they never have to go through that again. He has tried to contact the children through tick tock saying he is going to get them back. Not on my watch he ain’t . They are mine from now on and he can’t hurt them anymore.

KIP.
      Participant

Wow, that’s fantastic news. A fresh start for you all. Free from abuse. Report any contact to the police. Are the kids on the bail order. If not see about including them on a non harrassment order x he will try to use them now. He didn’t care about them before and he certainly doesn’t now x just another tool to control you with if he can x

Minimrs
      Participant

Yes he cannot contact them or see them.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content