Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Dragonfly
      Participant

I’m sitting here with a very swollen, bruised face with teeth marks! This was not done by my abuser but my ‘friend’. I’ve reported it but how do I go to work tomorrow? How do I answer their questions? The thing that did this to me is a colleague

KIP.
      Participant

I think you should speak to Human Resources where you work first. Hopefully the police will bail the person not to go near you. It’s nobody’s business what happened to you so don’t feel like you have to say anything to anyone.

Dragonfly
      Participant

I might phone my manager tonight. I really feel like I have target tattoo’d on my forehead or punch here slapped on my face.

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, the behaviour of others is not your fault or your responsibility. They choose their own behaviour. Well done for reporting. You might find they’ve done this sort of thing before. Get yourself checked out by your GP tomorrow or AandE if you can. Take photos of your injuries too. In case you need a restraining order or evidence for future. Get a crime/incident number and contact at the police station. Do you have someone who could stay with you tonight?

she-ra
      Participant

Big hugs lovely, think KIP’s advice is spot on. x*x

So sorry to hear this, yes also think KIP spot on
      all best
      ftc
      x

Dragonfly
      Participant

Thanks ladies. I’ve got a crime ref numbr and I’ve taken pictures. The police couldn’t get their ‘toy’ to work last night so couldn’t take any pics! Typical. It’s myself and my son at home, thankfully he was staying at his friends last night. I don’t feel unsafe. I feel quite empty tbh.

well done DF
      x

Dragonfly
      Participant

Thank you x

Nomorenonsense
      Participant

Good lord, what motivates these people??? I’m so sorry for your experience. I hope tonight has been ok. Go to HR and your manager as soon as you arrive at work in the morning, explain everything and make it clear you need to be as far away from your attacker as possible. They will understand. Most likely they will be horrified at what has happened. Keep your chin up, it’s the sweetest revenge to put a smile on your face despite the misery people try to dish out. Big hugs x*x

Confused123
      Participant

hope your ok hun, welldone for reporting it to the police

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content