Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lavenderrose
      Participant

Every time I go I feel terrible! I had to get some things. After demanding the changing bag he’s bought a new one anyway. He wants me to have nothing. The house is bare, I hate the fact he’s still there with a lot of my possessions. He’s left messages in the kitchen probably knowing I’d see them.
      How did he go from begging me in tears not to leave and now hating me xx

KIP.
      Participant

These men can change moods in a snap. My advice is zero contact. Take everything you need from the home in one go. Preferably get someone else to collect your belongings and use a third party for all contact. My ex was the same. Entitled. He would have left me with nothing if I hadn’t fought back. The gloves are off. You will need to step up and fight for anything you want. I think they see possessions and children and property as a means of control. They decide to hate us to justify their abhorrent behaviour x

Lavenderrose
      Participant

Yes I have no choice but to stand up to him. Just all feels so horrible! I’ve gone back to feeling anxious again. Luckily I haven’t bumped into him yet, I don’t quite know what I’d do if I did xx

Lavenderrose
      Participant

After months of not seeing anyone I’ve been faced with a member of his family! It was horrible and awkward. In my own home I might add! I really dread my child having to mix with the family and it’ll happen at some point once contact resumes. Feel sick!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content