Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lostsoul
      Participant

Hi I’m back here again. Some of my story is on the ‘is it abuse’ forum. I walked out (detail removed by Moderator) days ago but it’s either hostel or home for us. I need support to stay strong as we have to be under the same roof at least for the short term. I would be grateful for any advice. Thankyou xx

KIP.
      Participant

My advice is to watch your back. You’re going to get punished big time for this and you won’t see it coming. I recorded my last assault on my phone and he was arrested. You could try to record an assault and have him removed. I know this sounds mad but i was trauma bonded to my home which made things extremely dangerous. I haven’t read your story but do you think you might already have enough evidence for a court order to get him removed and kept away from you.

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Hi Lostsoul,

Welcome back to the forum. Sorry to hear about everything you’ve suffered. When you say ‘home’ is this the same place where he lives? If so for safety it is adviseable not to go anywhere near there, find a safe accommodation like a refuge and then if the home is yours you can fight for him to be removed once in a place of safety. Some of the other ladies who have experienced the same situation will also no doubt give you good advice (my situation was a bit different as I wasn’t living with my abusive ex). Definitely ring the helpline, your local DV service and Rights of Women for advice too. Stay safe, go no contact, report him to the police and request a DV outreach worker, and keep posting for support.

Sunshine

Confused123
      Participant

Hey Hun

Dont even think of going back to him if thats where home is, thats like giving him a second chance to up the abuse , stay strong and go to a refgue and like sunshine rain said if the house is yours get support of your support worker to how to get house back . These men disrupt our lives like anything, staying away is the hardest bit but so worth it

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content