Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Dumplin
      Participant

(detail removed by Moderator) months back an incident with my husband prompted me to take a good look at my life and finally accept that my husband is an emotional and psychological abuser and I needed to get out. I reached out for help and got a support worker who helped me make a plan to leave. We speak weekly and decided the best way would be to leave my husband at home to visit my family at Christmas and just not go back. I have two dear children so there was so much to get organised but it felt like ages to wait. So much pretending, trying to keep the peace with him so he didn’t suspect anything, I just couldn’t wait for my leaving day. It made me realise that the scales had truly fallen off my eyes, his treatment of me finally made me fall out of love with him, I could really see him for what he was, so mean, so vile, so horrible, uncaring why was I ever in love with this man???

Anyway (detail removed by Moderator) the day and I’m finally far, far away from him. He made it as difficult as possible, refusing to drop us to the station and picking fight after fight with me but I kept my cool and we are here and I can breathe! (detail removed by Moderator) I will tell him I have no plans to come back and prepare for the explosions but for now I am relaxed and enjoying the peace and the freedom. Think I am slightly in shock that I am here and I made it but just wanted to share for anyone who’s thinking about leaving because if I can do it then you definitely can.

Merry Christmas and be safe everyone

Xx

minimeerkat
      Participant

it wasnt long ago that i told someone i had read the words “my husbands hateful behaviour was like a cancer that killed my love for him”
      you are so very brave & should be so proud of yourself
      i am so pleased that you have the support you needed to be able to achieve this
      i can only think that feeling safe & being with the ones you love will be the best xmas gift youve ever had x

Dumplin
      Participant

Thank you @minimeerkat, I feel brave right now but we will see how brave I am on the day when I have to tell him!?!?! That day I will be a bag of nerves.

That quote is so true, I struggle to find anything about him that I love anymore, he literally broke us and almost broke me and now I don’t have to deal with his toxic rubbish anymore.

I am so grateful for the support and love of my family, they have been there for me every step of the way, I know it can’t have been easy on them worrying about be for that last how ever many months. But yes this year will be a very special Christmas, hopefully the best one I’ve had in a long time!
      Xx

StrongLife
      Participant

Good on you. I fell out of love with him a couple of weeks before leaving. It escalated but stopped. It was very odd at first. Weird even as it was a severe change. It’s become normal now that I live this new life minus ex

It was brave move. I had had calls to various domestic violence organisations.

I never went back once leaving permanently.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content