Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      unsureginger
      Participant

I’ve had enough. Enough of all of this but I have this sinking feeling in my gut my resolve won’t last and I will just let things go back to how they were the moment he’s sober again. God I wish I could just push a button and stop myself from meeting him so I didn’t have to go through all this guilt about leaving him. To make things worse my landlord is my boss and I have no idea how I’m going to afford everything on my own which just makes me think oh well I can’t afford to live on my own so I guess I’ll have to put up with it. I’m just so d**n tired of it all

HunkyDory
      Participant

Hi there. You reached your “enough” moment which is good because you are realizing you are worth more than what he’s putting you through. And you are. ❤️ You’ll find a way to cope I’m sure – please don’t resign yourself to a life of misery when you don’t need to. But first get yourself a support network. Can you confide in anyone about what’s happening? Do you have close family or friends? How well do you get on with your boss? If he’s supportive of you then he might be willing to work with you to allow you to stay in your home.

Please don’t tell him your plans and contact women’s aid to make a safe exit from the relationship. It’s a dangerous time so please take care.

The guilt you’re experiencing is part of the fog of abuse – fear, obligation and guilt. Look it up and have a read. It opened my eyes I can tell you. It sometimes takes a few attempts to leave an abuse relationship for good – 7 times is the norm. Don’t beat yourself up if you’ve gone back before because now you reached your enough moment, it will give you more strength to stay away.

Keep posting here for support and advice. XxHDxX

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content