Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      diymum@1
      Participant

Ive taken a stand today – i was invited to my very dominant manipulative soon to be sister in law – her mother is very much bullied by her father. He bullied her in front of me for the first time the last time we were all together. Ive simply said id spend the day with my own child – they looked a little puzzled but im getting passed that feeling now where i have to be obliged to do what they want to do. Im not going to be around abusive behavior, neither is my girl. i am aware that this might isolate me a little but it has to be this way. i know im doing the right thing deep down. i feel this is a small step forward in asserting myself. i do feel sorry for her mum though and would love to help her xx

well done diy mum.
      You and your child come first.
      Sorry but all else can go **** themselves.
      Sorry for the language but you are so totally making right choices
      all best
      ftc
      x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Good for you @DIY ๐Ÿ’› you’re also showing your little one that just because it’s family, you don’t have to be around them, we always have choices. Proud of you mo charaid๐Ÿ’œ
      IWMB ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

diymum@1
      Participant

Thanks IWMB ๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ’• Mon charaid too โ˜บ the thing is because I’ve withdraw I’ve had constant text messages! Obviously seeking approval argh the thing is how do you explain to people what and why we need to to this, distance ourselves xx we need to recover at all costs really xx much love diymum ๐Ÿ’ช โœŒ โค

Iwantmeback
      Participant

No explanations required, spending time with the wee one instead of with them should have been explanation enough. Abusers always make it about them and what they want or you don’t do for them (in their eyes).
      Take care, speak soon IWMB ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

diymum@1
      Participant

Exactly I never thought about it like that, good to get an all round perspective I’m deep I know xx luv diymum ๐Ÿ’ช โœŒ ๐Ÿ˜Š

fizzylem
      Participant

Yes I agree, sometimes no explanation is required and best! You really dont want your wee one to experience this either hey xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ยฉ 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England โ€“ Womenโ€™s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Womenโ€™s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions โ”‚ Privacy & cookie policy โ”‚ Site map โ”‚ Protect yourself onlineโ”‚ Mediaย โ”‚ย Jobs โ”‚ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content