Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Sunshines
      Participant

After years and years of abuse
      I can finally say I’m out
      It’s taking time to digest fully what has happened and it’s not easy it’s been really hard
      Fighting trauma bonds
      Back and fourth hoping they’d be a change and we could be happy
      It’s taken time and courage for me to do this as I loved him so much
      But every picture every memory I look very Sick
      Bruises, hair missing (pulled out)
      The affairs, damaged confidence. My
      Mental health was in a sorry state and now
      My mental health is much better
      I’m not fully strong no where near and
      I’m not fully back to myself or glowing as I used to before the abuse
      I still have very bad down days
      I struggle with making decisions
      But I’ve started seeing a counsellor
      And having time to do some self care
      Im learning how to keep contact fully about the children involved

My goal is to keep taking small steps
      Every time I feel weak I revisit a picture that makes me realise what I was going through
      My home is very peaceful now
      It takes a leap of faith into the unknown but the peace is worth it.

Needtoclarify
      Participant

Hello Sunshine

I am so happy you have made it out the other side. I am sure in doing so you will live the life you want and will have completely changed the course of the life your children will live.

Well done, you should be so proud of your resilience and strength and I wish you all the happiness in the world you so clearly deserve.

I’m so glad you’re getting counselling and support and think you’ll soon be back to yourself with some time. This is so inspiring and gives hope to many stay strong and brave xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Sunshines,

Reading your post, as Needtoclarify has expressed, is truly inspiring. Thank you for communicating this here, as it’s important survivors hear the struggles that come along with leaving the abuse and also the joys and the positive changes that affect one’s life.

I’m very happy for you as I’m sure is everyone here. Keep focusing on your needs, taking one step at a time. Having professional psychological support right now is key, so it’s great to hear you have that.

We are all here to support you in your journey. Message me anytime if you need anything.

All the best,

Lisa

Sunshines
      Participant

Thank you for your kind words ladies xx and if anybody wants to message or private message me if they are struggling I have a lots of ways that have found that can help don’t struggle on you need coping mechanisms x*x

StrongLife
      Participant

Congratulations on making it out. It is very difficult and stressful to do and extremely rough.

So glad you made it out

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Great Post to read sunshine, this is truly inspiring ❤️ well done xx

Hi Sunshine,

So amazing to hear that you’re starting to live life on your own terms. So happy for you, thank you for sharing ❤️ Xx

Chocolatebunnie
      Participant

So good to hear how you’re moving on and gaining strength after all you’ve been through.

Thank you for posting and sharing giving me hope 💕 CB x

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content