Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      maddog
      Participant

He seems ok. Most of the time talking on the phone and met a couple of times. No raging red flags. No flags at all which is lovely. I am still in the early stages of recovery although I recognise clearly that my relationship with my ex has been dead in the water for years. If only I had been unfaithful to him when I was offered the opportunity.

The new person actually seems kind. There is so much else going on in my life to do with my ex.. House and kids… I have a fantastic team of people who are supporting and advising me and I can’t deal with more complications. It is the first time since my 20s that I have felt wanted and desirable by someone, and it is such a wonderful feeling. It really raises the question of how I put up with my ex for so long. I have the fantastic Rape Crisis who are looking after me for that. It is amazing to feel so supported, especially as a middle aged post menopausal woman with a bony bum.

BakingQueen
      Participant

Maddog,

I’m so pleased for you. You give me hope that I to can find enjoyment in meeting someone new.

I know it’s early days for you but enjoy it.

Your comment about your boney bum made me smile. Thank you for that, it was needed today xx (although I’m sure that’s not true lol

banks
      Participant

This is really great and I am really happy for you. Finding out that there are good people out there that genuinely care and are supportive was the best surprise after years of putting up with someone who did not give a d**n about anyone but himself. Best of luck, I hope things will keep going well! From one bony bum to another, you deserve to be happy 🙂

White Rose
      Participant

A happy post. Enjoy the positive attention. It must be nice to have someone who makes you feel so good!
      I wish I could join the bony bum brigade – mine is rather well padded but I’m working on it 😃

Nice one. Yes, there are people out there…me too on the well padded but working on it brigade…
      and hurrah for women in general but especially the over fifties eh?
      x
      ftc
      x

Anonymous
      Inactive

This is so lovely to read 🙂 xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content