Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      citrine
      Participant

I’ve found a place to live for myself and my children.

Why do I know think I can’t do it?
      I didn’t sleep last night panicking so much I feel such good and am now thinking is he really that bad?

I don’t know whether I take the leap or buy myself more time. After all places to rent come up all the time. Or will I ever leave.

So much going on in my head.

AppleNinja
      Participant

Hi Citrine,

That’s great news!

I can totally sympathise. I’m having the same thoughts. I really want to leave but I’m so scared if I can make it.

It’s that little voice telling you to stay put because it’s afraid if change.

Please don’t give up now. I know it’s easy to say but you’re so close. If he wasn’t that bad, you wouldn’t be planning secretly, would you?

Keep going!

Apple Ninja x*x

Suntree
      Participant

We are told we won’t survive on our own. We are told we aren’t able to look after our children alone.
      We think that children need fathers. They need Good, Caring, loving people in their lives not those who have a default right to abuse their mothers or them because of biology.

We think that abuse is only abuse if it is a big thing, even with that we can find reasons.
      We want to believe the good in everyone. We are brought up on fairy tales where good and bad are easy to see. Real life is not like that.
      Have you noticed even in fairy tales the “baddies” have friends and aren’t bad all the time.

As women we are taught that to be quiet, to hold our opinions to ourselves, to not be as loud as a man, that we make things up, are mentally unstable etc. Have you noticed how many insults there is for a woman and so few for a man?
      Have you noticed how it is exceptable to call a grown woman, girl but not a grown man, boy?

All this leads us always to question what we do and why, which allows doubts.

As Apple Ninja says keep going and keep the further away you get the clear things will come in your own head.

citrine
      Participant

Thank you ladies for your words of encouragement I needed to hear them. I will keep going but it is going to be the hardest thing I have ever done.

X*x

Singer
      Participant

I did it, I left him (detail removed by Moderator) ago. Found a place to rent with my daughter. Everyone says it’s the right thing to do. I miss him, the nice him, not the horrible him. Still feel I am making a mountain out of a molehill. BUT, as hard as it was and still is, it was the right thing to do. I think if I could do it, so could you. You will cope, let friends and family help. You will be on auto pilot and will get through it.
      Sending positive and empowering thoughts x

Confused123
      Participant

hi hun

well done on getting a place, u will nthink so much clearer once u have moved out , and agassin its just fear , but thats natural, u can do this too

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content