Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

The title says it all ladies….I’m going to publish a book x*x

KIP.
      Participant

Well done. The more people speak out about abuse the easier it is for others to see they are trapped in a dysfunctional abusive relationship. I’ve started writing a play about my experience through the court system that was full of totally avoidable errors that retraumatised me. My brain is returning to my pre abusive stage and it feels like a breath of fresh air. I remember when I couldn’t even concentrate long enough to read a book. It’s like life is coming back into focus.

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

This sounds like a very positive step, I agree with Kip, the more that we talk about our experiences the better. There are so many patterns and similarities that there is no reason for domestic abuse to be a misunderstood subject anymore. I was very disappointed with the ignorant police response I received and how friends and family mostly don’t get it. The only non-professionals that understood were those who had been listening to the Archer’s domestic abuse storyline and been watching a soap with a recent domestic abuse storyline too. They said my experience was like what they’d seen/heard on these shows and it made sense to them now and I found them much more supportive. Let’s all keep doing our bit to raise awareness. I use art to express mine. I look forward to reading your book Positiveandlookingahead and going to see your play Kip. 🙂

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

P.S If you’re ever struggling with creative/writers block there is an incredible book called The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron that I cannot recommend highly enough, it is brilliant for getting you to achieve what you are capable of, whatever that may be.

Thank you all it’s very triggering though I’ve decided to do it once Im in a really good place mentally. I’ve come so far but I’ve only just started therapy. I’m going to write about my experience and also the difficulties and misunderstandings I faced in an ethnic minority community. There was nothing out there for me to connect with when I left him and there were so many hurdles I faced with my community I had family friends actually phoning my parents and saying they’ll sit down with both families and hkp sort it out! It was none of their business jlw dare they interfere and tell me to go back to an abusive man! Kip i cant wait to see your play. Together we can change things and help others noone really understands what it is that we have, we are continuing to and will be facing because of these vile vile vile individuals x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content