Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keshasaidit
      Participant

My ex had access to the kids one day a week plus telephone contact. This was through proviso by our solicitors as I’m completely no contact. It seems he was using this time to twist and poison the kids minds. They have both told me of the horrible, uncomfortable rants they have been exposed to. The hatred and venom for both myself and my family. Yesterday was an extremely upsetting experience for my older child. I’ve now pulled my agreement for any contact and advised he go through courts. I feel I need to protect them, I’m worried about how he will react. Anyone been through similar?

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, well done. Meantime please keep a journal and detail his behaviour as you will need evidence of his behaviour. Make sure you have the law on your side and you are the primary carer and have residency otherwise he can walk away with the kids and not return them, then it’s upto you to go through the courts. Make sure he knows he is not allowed any contact with you either directly or indirectly and if he breaches this then immediately involve the police. These men will push the boundaries as far as they can. Just stay alert. Make sure you’re doors are locked and you have your phone on you at all times, fully charged. Check the security of the home and of you feel vulnerable then please talk to your local domestic abuse police about a marker on your home and phone. Stay alert x

Keshasaidit
      Participant

I’m feeling really anxious about this decision even though I know it is the right thing to do. My locks are changed, I’ve bought new padlocks for my gate out back and my address is red flagged with the police. I can’t believe this is my life!! It is certainly better than the alternative, which is still living with him. I have a journal which is so helpful, show his crazy erratic behaviour. Thank you.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I would also have your children interviewed by a child therapist. It being recorded on tape might be good in case you did have to go to court. This could be done over the computer. But they are going to need therapy and you need a professional who can speak to their trauma in a legal sense.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content