Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Wateringcan
      Participant

My ex who was abysive to me is in a relationship and i cant help but feel jealous and wish it was me!? Is this normal? They look really happy together and he serms to be treating her absolutely amazing, like the most perfect partner. People are telling me these things and I just feel really sad like if id jave held out that bit longer or if id have waited tor him to get the support he is now getting then would our relationship have been this perfect again?? I am jealous and feel like ive torn a family apart for what could have been fixed!?

KIP.
      Participant

This is how every abusive relationship goes. It’s called triangulation so tell your friends and family not to pass on this information. It’s all an illusion, abusers don’t change. I bet in the beginning of your relationship things were great. This is the love bombing phase when he hooks her in but behind the scenes you can bet she’s in for a world of hurt. Just block him on everything so you don’t know what he’s upto. Until it’s not quite so raw and you can see his game. Mine went out of his way to inform me every chance he could which just shows how little he had actually moved on. These men just jump from woman to woman never forming a deep bond, sucking the life from them like a parasite. It takes two to make a relationship work and he was never interested. You e had a lucky escape but moving on like this isnt healthy either. We need to grieve for a relationship to I’ve past it. Just concentrate on you for the time being and step away from his mind games x

hop
      Participant

His life isn’t perfect and I’m telling you know if she thinks her’s is she’s going to be in for a shock!! It won’t be long before he’s telling you that you’re jealous of them just to torment you. Your feelings are normal but even if they’re happy now he’s an abuser and his mask will slip. Leave them to it, be glad it’s not you there and tell people you don’t want to know anything about him. You can do this 💙

Wateringcan
      Participant

Thanks i have for the last few months been very strong whilst being alone just me and my children. But now its coming up to christmas i feel like i want him around again to have a family together gor christmas time. But instead im still hurt and confused and unsure of everything around me. I dont even trust my own mind. It makes me upset that he can just move on so quickly with another family. A kick in the teeth i guess. Thanks ladies x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content