Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      StrongLife
      Participant

Ex exhibited this to the extreme from day one. The electrician, male friends, the plumber, the mail man and garbage man. Any male in actual fact – Any – it made me paranoid and I would modify my behaviour for him rather than say deal with your personal issues.

Anything like that last comment would have caused huge arguments and denials anyway.

I left after yrs by fleeing home for safety. I live this calm life of no fighting, screaming and harassing behaviour and no jealousy- worked with counsellor during marriage and others at the time which he did not know about in private.

gettingtired
      Participant

It seems to be a running theme that these men are incredibly jealous. My ex would accuse me of being a jealous girlfriend and of not letting him have female friends but would make me feel unconfortable when it came to other men. He would accuse me of wanting sex with men who could provide it more frequently and even make comments of men walking past if he thought I was ‘checking them out’! He’d also loudly point out if men were ‘checking me out’ making me feel paranoid and like I was being ogled. It was so messed up x

StrongLife
      Participant

It was hard to listen to. Day one this happened. It just continued and continued- had not experienced this before and not again afterwards. It would be jokes if I made a comment.

It was meant to control me.

Footballfan1
      Participant

It is a form of control.
      My ex was the same .
      I only ever slept with him as we were together from a young age, but according to him I’ve slept with around (removed by moderator) people!
      His brother, brother in law, his uncle who is the same age as my dad, work colleagues.
      Drives me mad.
      He’s now saying there are naked pics online of me that I supposedly posted.
      It’s delusional.

Cedarlemon
      Participant

I completely get where you’re coming from here, my ex used to accuse me of fancying/sleeping with the window cleaner/man who fixed my washing machine/ man in corner shop and the list goes on , it wasn’t just men it was my female friends as well so he stopped me seeing them . His jealousy knew no bounds and if we went out I had to walk along looking at the floor in case I dared to look at a passing man/woman. Totally agree it’s control at its worst.

Camel
      Participant

My ex was like this almost from day one. I didn’t understand then that it wasn’t genuine jealousy. He can’t have really believed I was doing any of the things he accused me of. I hate when we use the word jealous when what we should be using the word controlling. They make us change our behaviour in the hope they’ll stop with the accusations. But it only ever escalates. That’s control in a nutshell.

StrongLife
      Participant

Yes – females to – it was so weird. Never had anything like this. I thought it cute at first and then did not realise the extent of it. I can see patterns in this.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content