Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi everyone,

I have been on maternity leave and due back to work soon. I have applied for promotion and have been invited to an interview next week, only issue is that I have no childcare. He has specifically said to me last month that I am not allowed to apply for any more jobs (detail removed by moderator). He does not know I have applied for this role.

What should I do about childcare? Should I ask the panel if I could have a video interview due to childcare? I am messaging a friend to see if she could look after them (detail removed by moderator)

He doesn’t work at the moment. I had an interview last month for another role and he looked after our two children but the youngest (detail removed by moderator)

What shall I do? Thanks in advance for your help ladies.

Footballfan1
      Participant

Hi Ewemoon,

Congratulations on your interview.
      I’m glad you are still applying for jobs/promotions.
      Can you check online to see if there are any registered child minders in your area?

Anonymous
        Inactive

Thanks so much for this suggestion as it never crossed my mind and I’ve found some that I can use in future when I am really desperate.

Mellow
      Blocked

Say you have a doctors appointment and he needs to watch the baby as it’s a smear or something

nbumblebee
      Participant

Someone once told her that its ok to tell a white lie to protect ourselves.
      I feel so much guilt in my life it hurts but in order to actually live to have some sort of life whilst living with a not so nice husband I have to lie.
      So tell him you have a smear or a check up or dentist anything, then ask him to look after kids.
      He doesnt need to know and yep you will feel guilty but sometimes its ok to put you first if this is the only way you can then its whats meant to be.
      Good Luck with the interview x*x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi all,

Thank you for the suggestions. I have had smear and (removed by moderator) recently and actually took the baby to both of them with me as he wouldn’t look after her. The (removed by moderator) receptionist was so kind he actually carried the car seat upstairs for me.

Anyway, a friend is taking them out to the park for me so hopefully all will be well and he won’t suspect anything.

I really hope I get the job but also now worried that I’ll just be worried that he’s found out during the whole interview which will add to the nerves.

Anyway, I wish you all a safe and happy long weekend.

Ewemoon x

nbumblebee
        Participant

Put something in your pocket.
        Your babies little toy a good luck charm something maybe you can put in your hand then when you feel overwelmed squeeze it or hold it and remember just why you are doing this.
        You want and deserve a better life for you and your baby.
        Breathe and remember sweetie.
        You got this good luck let us know how you get on xx

Anonymous
        Inactive

Thank you so much for your encouraging words and suggestion. That’s a really powerful suggestion and I will definitely do that. Take care nbumblebee. I will do, thanks again xx

Footballfan1
      Participant

Well done Ewemoon,

I feel that things are working out in your favour for a reason.
      Draw deep into your reserves and pull out all that energy, confidence, determination ready for the interview.
      Don’t put pressure on yourself.
      Go into that interview knowing that you are a clever, resourceful women.
      X

Anonymous
        Inactive

Thank you so much for your kind, encouraging words Footballfan1. Who do you support btw? Take care x

Footballfan1
      Participant

I’ll PM you as it will probably get moderatored.
      Have a lovely weekend.
      X

StrongLife
      Participant

I may have missed the time frame but

1. Local childcare centre
      2 Family or friends or close neighbours.
      3 Granny

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content