Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Falling Skys
      Participant

I need advice and support.

The company l work for have been taken over. After supporting them with the changes I get call in and told that they are going to get red of my job and get a manager in. Though they have made me a part time job.

I just feel numb. I could do the manager’s job but I can tell I won’t be given the chance. As I have spoken to them about it.

Part time I won’t be able to survive.

I don’t know where to ask about benefits and entitlements. As though I live a totality separate life to my abuser we are in the same house.

Will try and contact citizens advice today.

But I just don’t know how much longer I can be strong for.

I must have been really bad in a past life to get all this hassle.

Sorry if it’s not the right place to post but you are my only help.

godschild
      Participant

Hi Falling skys,this is all you need, life can be so hard , can you get a job anywhere else, could that be an answer,I do not have any experience of benefits myself but you can look online to see what you are entitled to or other ladies will be able to advise you,sending a big hugxxxx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thank you gc

I am looking for another job. but not a lot out there.

I’m trying so hard to stay positive but I don’t think I will be able to cope much longer

😢

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

I’m so sorry FS, sometimes (quite often) it just feels like things are stacked against us and it’s one thing after another. I really hope things work out for you. Sometimes when things are changing, what appears to be a crisis turns out to be a catalyst for something good. Sending hugs x*x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi pp

I must admit it’s getting to the point where I’m feeling the world’s against me.

All I want to do is heal from the abuse but it’s a drip drip drip of negative things happening.

But thank you all you kind words.

FS xx

Confused123
      Participant

HI sweetie

Sorry to hear the bad news, dont give up where one door closes another opens, i know when u have bad luck all you can see is things getting worser, have u considered registering with agencies for work, if you have a mobile their is app called jobs today u can download, they normally have jobs posted daily there, register cv with online agencies, just apply everywhere, go to your local jobcentre, ask them what you woudl be entitled to basis on u r seperated but living in same house tillhouse sells, u never know u may get some help. I would just go to benefits agenccy and ask what help u r entitled to

Serenity
      Participant

Hi FS,

Don’t let this make you doubt yourself. You’ve come so far. Life seems to set us impossible challenges at times.

Maybe this enforced change will be the making of you. Maybe it will lead you to totally new things, and help you to develop in ways you never imagined.

Keep positive. Keep confident that you have a lot to offer and that other employers would be lucky to have you! Go out there and smash it!

🍀

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thanks con123 & serenity

I have been ca and there are a few issues with how they did it.

Also have registered with an agency.

Just wish I could have a crystal ball and see that things are better for me.

FS xx

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content