Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Wasn’t really sure what to expect, and I barely opened my mouth the entire time I was there but some of what was said hit a nerve. I’d hoped I get there, realise I really wasn’t meant to be there and leave. It didn’t happen that way, I realised more then ever how much I need it!

I didn’t get to stay for the whole thing due to having to collect my eldest two from school, but what I did stay for was very interesting. Fingers crossed I get something out of it x

betterdays
      Participant

Hi timetomoveon the freedom programme saved my life I’m on my 3rd one now it’s helped me 100 percent I’d recommend it to anyone keep going x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks betterdays, I just wanted to hug some of the women in there as the things they had been through were awful. Hoping I can get back each week.

Just wish I could make it for more then half of the session as I feel I’m missing out on lots.

betterdays
        Participant

Hi timetomoveon to move on. When you say you can only make half the session is this for work reasons? If so maybe you could explain your situation to your employers as one or 2 ladies who attend my group management to get an hour out as they have explained there circumstances. X

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi betterdays,
      No, not because of work. There are only two sessions that run local to me and only one of them has a crèche. Unfortunately the one with the crèche finishes so late that I have to leave it early to be able to pick my eldest children up from school.
      I can’t ask anyone to have my child or pick the eldest two up without a rousing suspicion as to why I need the help.
      X*x

Serenity
      Participant

I think it’s better to do part of it than none at all. You could always do the course for a second time later on!

The first two sessions are always nerve-racking. Then the women start to bond.

I am still in touch with some of the women who I met on the course. I have a feeling we will be lifelong friends x

myfairyqueen
      Participant

I’m on my 4th session tomorrow. It’s just amazing to finally identify with other people who ‘get it’!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content