Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • #20728

      He is still using the joint account. He gets charged every month for non paid dd etc, in my name. I wrote to my bank asking them to freeze the account. They sent a letter back saying they could not reverse the charges etc. They have paid a goodwill gesture ££ into the account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sent a copy of domestic abuse letter from support agency, told them I had no access to my account, and they give money to my ex and don’t actually reply to my request. Any advice as to what I can do? I can’t afford a solicitor.

    • #20736

      Please make a complaint to the financial ombudsman. You can do this via an email today. Tell them what you did so far and the bank ignored you. I have positive experiences with the financial ombudsman.

    • #20757

      just managed to re set internet banking 🙂 and order a new card! Result! Also contacted ombudsman. Productive day.

    • #20759

      Its always a good idea to contact the ombudsman, this normally gets things moving in your favour. X

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content