Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      abcxyz
      Participant

What kind of person suggests having dinner out and says he’ll sort the restaurant, bugs you to sort the babysitter (which you do), never books the restaurant, asks you to do it on the day you are meant to be going, (detail removed by moderator), and then an hour later says that you are argumentative and he doesn’t want to go out for dinner anymore, so you cancel the babysitter? I actually couldn’t have made it up. Just another day in the crazy house!!! 😉

abcxyz
      Participant

Oh my …. and now he’s just got all upset that I cancelled the sitter … that we hadn’t confirmed that’s what we were doing …nuts xx

Malaya
      Participant

Wow he’s not my ex is he?! Sounds about right. Nuts indeed x

Confused123
      Participant

Hey Hun

Mine used to say same , wants to take me out for meal, when i didnt cook cause he was supposed to take me out would end up arguing and saying i spoiled the plans as he had made a booking just didnt want to tell me , who wants to go out after an argument , how about dont argue and give us suprise

Herindoors
      Participant

ah memories! My favourite was that my ex would say that we ‘needed to talk’ after we had already had a row. Would book a restaurant so we could talk there. Talk about all our private business in public. So I would spend the entire time saying very little, speaking very quietly when I did and trying to keep our noise levels down so no one could hear us. Occaisionally having to beg him to keep his voice down. Agreeing with everything he said he keep the peace in public. So instead of a lecture in the privacy of our own home, I would get one in a restaurant.
      Oh and then I would pay the bill!

abcxyz
      Participant

aren’t they just nuts !!!!! really trying hard to not believe everything him and his mum say about it being me. So fearful inside … just writing it all down now so that I have a record of everything. I need to get to a better place asap xxxx

Confused123
      Participant

hey hun

Yes please keep talkign to us and we will guide u, u really need positive support around u, i think around them and the family we just swithc off

Suntree
      Participant

I had one when we it was arranged for us to have a carer to come to our house so we could go and get couple time or for me to do stuff for me and put him in charge of it, suddenly we went out all the time on those dates to his family.
      I never got a rest and I never got to do anything I needed and always felt there was this loaded gun (meteorically speaking) pointing at me from somewhere out of sight.
      He would tell me he had cancelled them, but I found out he hadn’t when the gun went off and somehow I was the person to blame.

Every outing there was always horrible if we went out. Or there would be the “promise” of something only for it never to happen for one reason or another. Yet he would be the one who came up smelling like roses or poor him because he was “ill”.

I am so glad I am out of it. It destroyed me more than once.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content