Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      I.dont.know.
      Participant

Why the hell do men treat us like this then think it’s ok to try cuddle up to you and expect you to do same back!
      I’ve emotionally 100% checked out of the relationship and can’t stand to be in the same room let alone be near me!!

It resulted in me saying Get the F off me! Now I’m a little scared that he will realise he’s loosing the control.

Chickadee
      Participant

Because they do not know or care about the right way. It is about self-serving, power, and control.

Because he wants the sex and the control over you. It is all about keeping you under control. And for a woman, sex is emotional, therefore, attachment, therefore control.

Per the last sentence of your first paragraph and the first sentence of your second paragraph, your ready to get out.

He was already realizing it before you got to this point. Hence the cuddling and sex to gain control.

Don’t be scared, be strong! Don’t worry about what he is doing, concentrate on what you are doing. You can do this.

Here for you when you need to talk. Hugs.

Chickadee

Janedoeissad
      Participant

I got to this point with my Ex, wanted him no where near me, switched off when he wanted a hug (thank god that’s all he wanted!!).

I was already scared he was going to get violent after he threatened me so things were already escalating. So I planned my escape with the help of a lovely lady at WA.

I found life was more tolerable when I started planning, I can fake a smile for a couple of weeks if I know I am getting out.

big hugs, its not easy.

Iwon
      Participant

They genuinely have no concept you are a human being with feelings. They believe they are so special you will always live them. I was like you and was just saving money to escape at the end. I had left years before. He knows he has lost control. He senses it like the abuser he is. Keep your head down. Be nice. Make his dinner. Tell him how great he is and plan your escape. Just my opinion x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content