Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      xxxxhelpxxxx
      Participant

I have been and seen a property, well I’ve seen a couple and decided on this one. I’ve told the agent that I want it, have paid the deposit and started the referencing process. I am now terrified that I am doing the wrong thing and afraid of the repercussions and afraid of actually moving out and what do I say to him? We don’t live in a house currently, we are homeless and living in a hotel. All our stuff is in storage (in my name) but he has the key so I may need bolt cutters to get in. My family are supportive of me leaving but it’s me who has to actually do it.

Cecile
      Participant

Why is this wrong. Who is judging you? Every one here will be unanimous in shouting go girl! Good for you, you brave and courageous and sensible logical sane woman. ❤️👍🙏

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hello there, it does my heart proud to hear you’re actually doing it, go you.💞
      It’s been the best thing I’ve done, yes I doubted I was doing the right thing, but once I set foot in this wee place all my worries faded away. I left my husband a letter, a very long letter. Have written a few more besides. The storage company should have a spare key, and with it being in your name I don’t see a problem, maybe having to pay for another one,but that wouldn’t be too much. I’m so excited for you. It’s a scary time, because you’re stepping out of your comfort zone, but it’s also so liberating. I hope he won’t know where you are, or ‘accidentally’ find you like mine did. If I hadn’t went to my dads I might be further down the line, but it’s okay,I’m okay.
      You could write something like; I wish you well, I don’t blame you for how you are, that blame lies with how you were brought up. Your blame in all this is choosing to go down the same path. OR take care, be happy. I’m not responsible for making you happy, only you can do that.
      You’ll find the words, I actually made copies of everything I wrote to him just in case he lost it,or said he did my get it. Ive even got a short letter ready fir after the lawyer gets involved.
      Best wishes IWMB 💞💞

KIP.
      Participant

We all have these anxieties purely down the the abuse. Sounds great what you’ve done. Don’t tell him. You owe him nothing. The first time he abused you he gave up any rights he had to be with you. Take that huge leap of faith. You won’t regret it x

fizzylem
      Participant

It’s a big step and the unknown, you know this is the right thing for you and its so great to read. Another ‘go you’ from me! Life can begin again now. Vanish and save yourself any hassle x

Blahblahblah1234
      Participant

Well done you and go for it. If you stay like I did, you will have an awful life stupidly hoping for change that will never come! Go! Well done! (Ps I am going now after (detail removed) years so that the next (detail removed) years aren’t the same!)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content