Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      BlueEyesx
      Participant

Finally realised enough was enough (Detail removed by moderator) morning as I was sat in a&e at 6am :'(

BlueEyesx
      Participant

I feel like this heartache, pain, sickness and fear will never go away. Going through all sorts of stress including housing, money, removing him from my life step by step. Each day feels like its getting harder and I can’t see this ever ending. Asking myself why? why me? every minute in my head. And why do I want to be hidden away when I am the victim :'( Also losing what we had, After (Detail removed by moderator) years I have bonded with his (Detail removed by moderator) year old daughter and I won’t see her again. This wave of suffocation and depression is horrendous 🙁

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi BlueEyesx,

Welcome to the Forum and thank you for posting. Well done for ending your relationship and reaching out for support. I hope you find the support you are looking for here with other Survivors.

Do you have any support in place to help with the abuse you experienced and the emotions you are going through now? Did you receive any support in A&E?

Your local support group can offer ongoing emotional and practical support. You can find your local group here. The 24hr National Domestic Violence Helpline is also available on 0808 2000 247. The Helpline Workers can discuss your circumstances, signpost you to other helpful organisations and be a listening service. It is a busy service but there is a voicemail available to request a call back.

Please do share more with us when you feel able to. There is support available for you for when you are ready.

Best wishes,

Lisa

KIP.
      Participant

The pain and heartache will go away. And you will become wiser for it. It’s a real rollercoaster and you are not to blame. Have you reported him to the police? Are you in touch with your local women’s aid?

Freedomfighter
      Participant

Hi BlueEyes,
      I hope your visit to A&E wasn’t too serious and you are feeling better.
      I can identify with your feelings of suffocation and depression. You’re right it is horrendous. I can’t sleep, forget to eat properly, take care of my basic needs etc. I’ve been with my husband for over (detail removed by moderator). I’m still living with him, but started divorce process. So hard.
      Unfortunately I have to do it this way, but having a lot of support which helps so much. I’ve always backed down in the past because I didn’t have that support and kept doubting myself and getting scared.
      I hope you have support.
      Well done for escaping by the way. At least you’re away from him.
      I understand how hard it must be leaving his daughter through. Is she with him or left?
      My eldest son barely speaks to me since I started the divorce. It hurts so much. I just hope he will understand one day and we can rebuild our relationship.
      Have you contacted Women’s aid? My local group have been very supportive. Have you told your GP? Mine has been really brilliant. He wrote a supporting letter for my lawyer and has given me antidepressants which are helping and has referred me for counselling. There’s lots of help out there once you know where to look.
      I hope you find the support and advice you need soon, it makes things so much easier when you can talk to the right people. Have you got family or close friends you can talk to? Keeping it all locked up inside just eats away at you.
      Good luck, keep posting and reading. Hugs

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content