Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Butterfly-A
      Participant

‘Just leave him’ people keep saying to me.

But its not just that I am coming home and someone is telling me what to do, and limiting my access to certain things, shouting at me if I look at him the wrong way or speak in a tone he doesn’t like.

Its that I come home to the person I love more than anything, I live in a home with this person, we are together every day and every night, theres only been 3 days in the last 4 years we haven’t been together.

Its that I know all the things hes been through and I see how he has suffered, its that I lay next to him at night and hold hands. It’s that he sees me at my worst, and he doesn’t even comment.

Its that Ive sobbed my eyes out as Ive watched him go to the airport, its that I have facetimed him at crazy hours of the day, its that I have flown (detail removed by moderator) to be with him and him the same for me. Its that we have applied for visa after visa, spending maybe near (detail removed by moderator) pounds to be together.

Its that I speak to him about my dreams of being a mum and I imagine him being the dad
      Its that we talk about our future with a sparkle in our eyes
      Its that we took a forever vow.

I really want to love him and stay with him.
      But how can I give up on myself to make sure he can stay happy.

Dootson
      Participant

One of the hardest things I have had to deal with is the loss of my partner. Yes he hit me, butted me, constantly put me down, but he was mine.. No-one on the outside world tells you how hard it is to step away from all that and it almost feels like pure grief, there’s a hole there where he used to be, I needed to split from him,i knew if i stayed he’d end up killing me. The violence got worse behind closed doors as the years went on. But when we were ‘right’ we were amazing together. Final straw came when he headbutted me in public captured on CCTV. He also knocked out his son from a previous relationship. He’s up for sentencing (detail removed by moderator). I PROMISE YOU, you’ll remember the good times more than that c**p at first, you’ll feel you’ve made a massive mistake, that you wont love anyone how you love them, that nobody will love you more. I could go on & on with the false apologies I’ve heard from him. Time and space away from a bad relationship can give you strength to be you. Thats all you need. To be you. You can conquer everything then.

Butterfly-A
        Participant

Dootson,

thank you so much for the encouragement.

I hope you are doing well, strong strong lady xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content