Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi everyone, I’m mostly away from him now (except handover (detail removed by Moderator))but I don’t feel free. Will I feel better soon when (detail removed by Moderator) issues finalised, regardless of outcome? I can’t really give many details. It’s taken years to leave and get to this point and I don’t feel the abuse and control will ever end, even now we’re physically apart. He is doing everything he can to destroy me emotionally and financially. I have support from my local Women’s Aid but this last few weeks I’m really struggling. Sorry if this all sounds really negative… I don’t regret leaving but I’m finding it hard to stay strong at the moment. Any thoughts/hopeful comments that might lift me and others feeling the same please??

KIP.
      Participant

Yes yes yes. Keep going, it’s a rollercoaster ride but you will get there. Meantime my advice is zero contact and be kind to yourself. Any contact is toxic to us. Use a third party and solicitors.

KIP.
      Participant

A contact book can go backwards and forwards with kids too. You have a right to be free from his abusive tactics and any contact. Explore counselling and peer support groups like this one x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you for your encouragement. I just want to stay strong for my children as they really really need me right now but I’m preoccupied with everything going on and I know I could do better if I wasn’t under so much pressure. But as you say, I need to be kind to myself and acknowledge I’m doing the best I can in my circumstances. And hopefully in a years time I will feel much better and so will my children.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content